Frequently Asked Questions
What type of courses are offered in the Europrivacy Academy?
Courses on the Europrivacy Academy Platform are offered to Data Protection Officers, Implementers and Auditors who would like to learn how to use the Europrivacy Certification Scheme and to assess the compliance of data procesisng activities with the GDPR and, where applicable, with other applicable national data protection regulations. The respective courses consist of numerous modules that provide a comprehensive presentation of the Europrivacy certification process.
How do I create an account at the Europrivacy Academy?
When enrolling in a course, providing your details will automatically generate an account for you.
Alternatively, of you already have an account through Europrivacy, you can use those login details to access your account.
How do I purchase a course?
Select the course by clicking on 'Enroll' through the Courses page. After, you can place the order for a course of your choice in the cart by clicking on the 'Add to cart' option. Fill in your details in the checkout form and click on 'Place order'. After the successful payment, you will be redirected to your profile where you can easily access the purchased course.
Where can I find my online course once I am registered?
After logging in the upper right corner by entering your username and password, go to 'My courses'. You will find all the courses you are enrolled in. Click on the course you would like to access.
Who delivers courses in the Europrivacy Academy?
Courses are delivered on the platform by Europrivacy and its partners.
Who is eligible to attend courses advertised in the Europrivacy Academy platform?
Europrivacy Academy courses are designed for Data Protection Officers, Implementors and Auditors who would like to learn how to use the Europrivacy Certification Scheme. It is expected that applicants already have knowledge in data protection regulations or experience in ISO related certifications.
What are the requirements for the successful completion of a course?
To successfully finish a course and obtain a certification, the following is required:
- participation in all modules
- successful completion of the exam
Although not mandatory, consulting the training material and the Certification Scheme in the Resource Centre is highly recommended.
Different rules apply to the exams for the different Courses. Please read the instructions carefully on the course's page before taking the exam. No retakes are possible.
Do I get a certificate after completing the course?
Upon the succesful completition of the course and the exam, students will receive a certificate verifying their expertise in applying the Europrivacy Certification Scheme.
How are the passing scores of the exams determined?
Exam scores are based on the number of questions answered correctly. The minimum number of correct answers is pre-determined by Europrivacy and varies by exam. The number is based on the minimum level of knowledge students would have to be considered qualified. For specific information on each exam, please refer to the last module of each course which contains a detailed explanation of the exam's mechanism and rules.
Can I find out how many questions I answered correctly?
After completing the course, you will be automatically redirected to an evaluation page where you will see your result and score. However, the specific wrong questions and specific wrong answers will not be displayed.
I failed my exam. Is it possible to do a re-take?
Yes, it is possible to do one retake.
I am a non-native English speaker. What options and resources are available to me?
Currently, all Europrivacy resources, including the courses are only available in English. However, translations to French and Spanish are in progress.
How much time do I need to invest in my course?
Europrivacy is a complex and novel Certification Scheme. Based on the course of your choice, obtaining a certificate may take shorter or longer time.
The Introductory course requires approximately 2 hours of invested time, while the Course for Implementers requires at least 12 hours.
For Auditors, complition time can range between 20-30 hours depending on previous experience with auditing activities and ISO certifications.
I received a voucher. How do I use it?
- Proceed to the “Courses” tab on the Europrivacy Academy site.
- Click “Enrol” on the courses that match your profile and add the course to your cart.
- Introduce the coupon code, then click on “Apply coupon” and “Proceed to checkout”.
- Fill in your billing details. The email address you will introduce will be tied to your account. Please use your corporate email address.
- Click on “Place order”.
- You will receive an automated email with your username and password upon completion of these steps, which you can use to login to the page and access your courses.
I received an email with access to the course documents. How can I access them?
Please note that Europrivacy utilizes Adobe Digital Editions to guarantee the secure nature of the documents shared with you while ensuring auditors and implementers always possess the latest version of the certification scheme.
To access the documents, please follow the steps below:
- Create a free Adobe account here: https://account.adobe.com (or use an existing adobe account). This will create a free account you can use to access Europrivacy documents.
- Install Adobe Digital Editions for your device: https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html (also available on the Apple App Store and Google Play) You will need to use the Adobe Digital Editions reader app to view Europrivacy documents.
- Download your document access file from the link found in the second email you will receive and open it with Adobe Digital Editions.
I cannot access the course documents through my simple Adobe Reader. What can I do?
Authorizing Digital Editions
After installing Digital Editions on your computer, you will need to authorize the software. This can be done with an Adobe ID or simply selecting to authorize it without one.
If you choose to create an Adobe ID, you can create one here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html
To authorize Digital Editions
- Open the Digital Editions software.
- In the menu at the top of the application, click Help and select Authorize Computer from the resulting menu.
- Enter an Adobe ID and password OR check the box for I want to authorize my computer without an ID.
- Click Authorize.
Note: If you select to authorize the software without an Adobe ID, click Next and then click Authorize
I registered to a course. Is there a deadline to complete it?
Unless specifically stated otherwise, none of the courses have a formal deadline of completion. You can take any of the courses at your convenience.
If you have any question about Europrivacy, the courses or exams, please feel free to contact us by filling the form below. Our colleagues are happy to help and will reach out to you as soon as possible.
All fields are mandatory.