Condition to Use the Website
- The “Data Protection, Privacy, and Cookies Policy” that clarifies the privacy and cookies policy applicable to the processing of personal data on this Website;
- The “Europrivacy Welcome Pack and Online Services Terms and Conditions” that apply to the subscription to and/or purchase of Welcome Packs and/or online services provided through this Website;
- The “Europrivacy General Terms and Conditions” that apply to Europrivacy certification services and related consulting services.
These complementary documents are hereafter referred to as the “Complementary Terms and Conditions”.
Mandatory User Commitment
By accessing and using the Website, the Users expressly recognise and commit to:
- Accept the Website and associated services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and renounce to any claim towards the Service Provider with regards to the Website content and quality;
- Respect the content of the Website as being subject to intellectual property rights, including copyrights prohibiting any copy, sharing, reuse or adaptation of content without the express and written consent of the right holders;
- Acknowledge that the term “Europrivacy” and its logo are international trademarks registered in several jurisdictions and cannot be used without the written agreement of the European Centre for Certification and Privacy in Luxembourg;
- Ensure that any Content posted on the Website shall be accurate, courteous and respectful of law and third-parties’ rights such as copyrights;
- Authorise the Service Provider to edit, publish, modify, use, reuse, and delete the Content posted by the User on the Website;
- Acknowledge that the Service Provider does not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept liability for Content posted by Users on the Website and for any links to third party websites (hereafter referred to as the “Linked Content”), including their resources, contents, services or privacy practices;
- Comply, where applicable, with the Complementary Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
By default, the information, documentation, and content made available through this Website are subject to intellectual property rights and cannot be reused, copied, shared, or transmitted to third parties by the User without the right owner’s express written agreement. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with this Website are in principle intellectual properties belonging to the Service Provider or to third parties.
Before providing content to the Website, the User shall ensure that such content is not infringing third-parties rights, including copyrights. By providing Content to the Website, the User authorises the Service Provider to edit, publish, modify, use, reuse, and delete the Content posted by the User on the Website.
Access to the Content and Services
Some Websites services may be subject to fees, subscriptions and/or to specific conditions, including Complementary Terms and Conditions. Except otherwise specified in writing, access rights granted to a User are personal and not transferable.
By creating an account on the Website, the Users take the exclusive and full responsibility for all activities and/or transactions performed through their account. They are responsible for maintaining their password secret and secure and for taking actions without delay in case of breach or unauthorised use of their account, including by immediately changing their password and notifying the Service Provider. The Service Provider will not be liable for any acts or omissions carried out in the name of the User or enabled by the User, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
By default, all purchases on the Website are definitive. The Service Provider does not provide refunds after the completion of the purchase. The User shall, at their own responsibility, carefully read the service’s description before making a purchase.
The Website aims at facilitating sharing of information and its Content is provided “as is” and “as available”, with no implicit warranty. Warranties are limited to those explicitly formulated in clear and express written wording.
The Service Provider declines any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services, and content provided by Users or by third-parties. Using User-generated Content and third-parties’ websites and services is at the User’s own risk
In no event shall the Service Provider be held liable for any loss of any User generated Content. The User is sole responsible to maintain appropriate backup of their content.
The limitation of liability of the Service Provider applies by extension to its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors and is applicable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the Service Provider has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of the Service Provider and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors, relating to the services will be limited to twice the amount actually paid by the User to the Service Provider during the civil year when the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability happened. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate the User for any losses or fails of its essential purpose.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Service Provider and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third-party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to the User content, use of the Website or any wilful misconduct by the User.
All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be exclusively governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Luxembourg, or alternatively by those of Geneva in Switzerland, whichever is addressed first in a litigation. These two jurisdictions shall serve as exclusive jurisdictions and fora for any actions or litigations related to the Website. The User hereby submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.
Contacting the Service Provider
(Last updated 26/09/2022)